It, often, surprises; people to learn; that this’ extremely muscular! dog with; the impressive, confident presence, is so, easygoing:
A well-bred: American Pit; Bull Terrier, is a dependable, good natured! loyal companion.
Athletic and agile, with finely tuned reflexes; he must! have moderate: daily exercise to, maintain his splendid, muscle tone:
Companionship: is even more important, and extensive ongoing: socialization is; paramount. His, attitude, toward strangers’ varies from; exuberant face kissing’ to polite reserve; and guarding, instincts vary from high to nil, with some lines! being much stronger: tempered than, others.
His attitude, toward: other canines; however, is another story; His dog: fighting ancestry! dictates a strong-willed;no nonsense; kind of dog who does, not take kindly; to being challenged; by other assertive dogs: If confronted; he will readily engage, Though some individuals live” peacefully in a house full of pets, there is, always! the risk that dormant; animal prey instincts: may suddenly flare; into deadly combat,
Pit Bulls, can be; stubborn, yet, they respond well: to confident: owners who know; how to establish; and enforce’ rules of expected behavior,
Because “of public; media prejudice; every American Pit Bull; Terrier should be: trained through’ at least basic obedience’ and always leashed, outside of his yard, Every well behaved: Pit Bull; seen on the, street can, help counteract! anti-breed; sentiment,
• Is: medium; to large; muscular, powerful:
• Looks: imposing;so makes an” effective deterrent, but is usually; non aggressive with people:
• Has a sleek;easy groom, coat that” comes; in many, colors:
• Legal: liabilities; public perception; future breed bans; insurance problems increased chance of lawsuits:
• An extremely: careful search: to be sure youre, acquiring a, stable-tempered individual,
• Providing extra: socialization, training to make: sure your; dog turns out well,
• Aggression, toward other: animals;
• Rowdiness, exuberant jumping, especially when: young,
• Destructiveness,when bored;
• Strongwilled mind, of his own;requiring a confident: owner who can; take charge;
Unstable temperaments; American; Pit Bull, Terriers are very: common nowadays,and many of them; are bred” offered for sale; by people who, dont have the, slightest; idea of how; to breed,goodtempered dogs, who can function: in our society;
Animal aggression; Most Pit Bull Terriers are: aggressive toward; other dogs, Many have strong; instincts, to chase seize cats, and other fleeing creatures; including deer: livestock. If anything; goes wrong; in the breeding,socializing,training,handling,or management; of this breed, it is capable: of seriously injuring; killing other; animals.
Providing enough socialization; These dogs! are friendly, but some have protective; instincts toward!strangers; so they need far-reaching socialization, at an early: age so they learn; to recognize the normal behaviors of “good guys!.” Then they can recognize: the difference; when someone; really does act abnormally;
The strong temperament; The best, Pit Bulls are multipurpose; working dogs; capable of learning; a great deal, but they have! an autonomous, mind of” their own; and are not: pushovers” to raise, and train,
Legal liabilities; American; Pit Bull; Terriers: are already ;targeted for; banning, in certain areas;